The public commonly thinks that bottled water is safe to drink. However, in 2018, a study tested over ten bottled water brands from nine countries. The result from this testing proved that 93% of the bottles contained microplastic contamination. Microplastic contamination is when there are tiny plastic particles are in the water that can be consumed. Not to mention the unsanitariness of the dispenser itself. Typically, the water bottles sit in a reservoir that is part of the dispenser. This spot is often forgotten about and never gets sanitized, promoting the growth of algae and mold. The result is usually a green, slimy fungus that ends up being ingested. Consuming mold or algae can have detrimental effects on your health.